Article written by

11 Responses

Page 1 of 1
  1. Drdianacheung
    Drdianacheung at | | Reply

is C asian? I swear, as a culture we talk about weight WAY too much…meaning the asian culture. they expect us to be as thin as the girls back home but guess what? we aren’t in CHINA so we don’t HAVE to starve.

1. Jos
      Jos at | | Reply

Hmm..she’s not Chinese for sure…but still considered to be in Asian culture I think?

2. A Good Feeling | Delightful Taste Buds
    A Good Feeling | Delightful Taste Buds at |

[...] you all for all the wonderful comments from my last post!! So basically we all do not like to be commented on our appearance/weight since [...]

3. Vlada
    Vlada at | | Reply

I think in this case you should listen to what your clothes & scales tell you rather than that comment…i would never consider telling a pal they gained weight unless they were getting morbidly obese all of a sudden…this is a silly comment all in all!  from your holiday photo i can say that your pretty tiny ;)

1. Jos
      Jos at | | Reply

Aww thank you! :D I guess she just commented because my arms might grown a bit muscles as I’ve been training my upper body.

4. Kath (My Funny Little Life)
    Kath (My Funny Little Life) at | | Reply

I think I’d have been bothered as well! My weight is just a sensitive spot, and I don’t like when people mention it so bluntly. Don’t let it get you down! :)

Wow, your preparing quite awesomely for your new job! I hope the long commute won’t stress you too much!

1. Jos
      Jos at | | Reply

I am feeling TONS better now and it doesn’t bother me anymore. Strong is the new skinny :D

Yup, I am preparing myself this entire week (schedules, studying etc)…I rather be over prepared than under prepared :D

5. Suzanne Hill
    Suzanne Hill at | | Reply

I think most people would be bothered by a comment like that even if it’s not true. I don’t know why people feel it’s ok to comment on weight unless it’s to give someone a compliment. If you’re unable to shrug it off I would send her an email or give her a call and let her know how you feel. Even if she didn’t mean to offend you, there’s nothing wrong with letting her know she did. People just don’t think sometimes.

Make sure you focus on the reality of the situation – that you haven’t gained weight and that you’re doing a great job of taking care of yourself and improving your health.

1. Jos
      Jos at | | Reply

Thank you for your sweet comments. I’ll just let it slide thru and won’t let it bother me much longer.

6. The Delicate Place
    The Delicate Place at | | Reply

no worries! you probably put on some muscle tone and that’s what C noticed…the definition and in ignorance mistook it for gaining of mass. i’d have felt the same way so don’t beat yourself up about it! let your clothes be the judge :)

1. Jos
      Jos at | | Reply

Yup! I do notice my shoulders look a bit more sculpted thus giving that “rounder” image…in fact apparently my waist is slimming down and more toned.

Share your thoughts below :)

Analytics Plugin made by VLC Media Player