I was inspired to make this dish after I saw Melissa @ The Clothes Make the Girl Stovetop Pork Carnitas recipe since I have so many limes and lemons lying around and I had to make a quick protein dish for today’s lunch. I was short in time soI didn’t cook it as long as she did, and also because I used bone-in whole cut up chicken instead of big chunks of pork meat.
1 whole chicken- skinned and cut into small pieces (or you can use boneless chicken meat)
1/2 cup lime juice (I used 2 small limes)
1/2 cup lemon juice (I used 1 huge lemon)
Dash of Red Boat Fish Sauce
1 Tbsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp black pepper powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped onions
3 big carrots – sliced diagonally
1. Mix 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp black pepper powder in a small container. Sprinkle the mixture on the chicken meat and let it marinate for about 1-2 hours.
2. Heat the skillet with 1 Tbsp avocado oil on medium high heat – saute the chopped onions until translucent
3. Mix in the cut up chicken meat- add in the rest of the seasonings and carrots – stir until everything combines
4. Pour in the lime-lemon juice mixture then cover the pan. When the liquid starts to boil-reduce the heat to medium. Keep it covered for about 10-15 minutes.
6. Remove from the pan and let it sit a bit before digging in!