I love root vegetables – carrots, yams, sweet potatoes, yucca and also taro! When I saw a giant taro at Asian supermarket last weekend, I immediately wanted to make oven fried taro. After procrastinating for 3 days, finally I got to make it today!
Easy Oven Fried Taro Fries
1/2 of giant taro
Avocado oil (or your high heat cooking oil of your choice)
1. Peel and cut taro into fries shape
2. Steam on high for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool a bit
3. Lightly season with salt and avocado oil
4. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
5. Bake at 400°F for about 15-25 minutes. Rotate the baking pan halfway.
6. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Crunchy at the outside and soft inside. YUM! Perfect for side dishes or healthy snacks!