First time I saw Almond Butter Beef recipe on Baby Damulag’s post, I’ve been itching to try it. Since I’ve been searching for a different way to cook beef, I gave this a try.
Almond Butter Beef (modified from Baby Damulag)
2 lbs of beef stew meat
Almond butter (I didn’t measure mine, but roughly around 1/2 cup?)
Salt & pepper
Chopped onions & garlic
1 cup homemade chicken broth
1. Marinate the beef with salt, pepper and Italian seasonings (I left it overnight, but an hour should be sufficient)
2. Saute chopped onions and garlic until translucent – mix in the beef
3. Pour in the chicken broth – bring to boil
4. Turn down the heat to medium low – simmer until beef is tender (about 1-2 hour?) – I used pressure cooker so it took me around 40 minutes.
5. Mix in the almond butter into the beef – add salt to taste
From here, be very attentive because almond butter will thicken the sauce and if you’re not careful enough, it’ll get burned! – and that actually happened to me. 🙁