Apparently the last 2-3 day of chilly weather was a pre cursor of another RAIN in LA.
Yup we are having another rain today *sigh* – makes me wonder if this is how it feels in Seattle.
Can’t believe it’s already Sunday and tomorrow is back to work and there won’t be any long weekend until Memorial Day later in end of May. Argh..just the thought of it depresses me..
Today I attempted to experiment more in the kitchen and both didn’t turn out perfect 🙁
Grain Free Pancake turn to Muffin
2 ripe bananas
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup almond flour
a dash of salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2-3 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup fresh/frozen cranberries – cut in half
1. Mashed the bananas and add in all the wet ingredients
2. Add in the almond flour. Mix until everything incorporated
3. Heat a non stick skillet and lightly grease with extra virgin olive oil
Lesson wasn’t learned and I attempted to do it one more time and of course it FAILED.
4. I chose a last resort- bake them in a muffin pan for 350°F for 30 minutes and turned down to 325°F for the last 10 minutes.
Taste-wise: sometimes appearance can be deceptive. The muffin taste pretty good! No added sugar, no gluten, no grains, no problem!
1. Cut the ginger, garlic cloves coarsely.
2. Peel the apples
3. Blend the ginger and garlic in the food processor then set aside
4.Blend the apples in the food processor – add a dash of apple cider vinegar
5. Generously apply the marinate on the chicken and leave it for overnight.
6. Steam the chicken for about 30 minutes – this to ensure the chicken will properly cook without getting too dry.
7. Pre heat oven for 400°F
8. Line the chicken on the broil pan and bake for 350°F for about 30 minutes. Flip once.
9. Increase the oven temperature to 375°F for the last 10 minutes.
Taste-wise: Again the look could be deceptive, but they taste great. Marinated with apples instead of sugar even makes me feel better eating it.